Friday, February 9, 2018

Valentines in a Flash!


The countdown to Valentine's Day is ON, which means I will be sharing quite a few projects over the next week, including the SugarPea Designs release! I am SO excited!!! I asked my cute daughter if she wanted to take some Valentines to her dance classes. She said she was too old for that and it made me sad! She does have 5 classes so it would be a LOT of Valentines, but I was willing to do it. Needless to say, she decided on something for JUST her Jazz class. THIS is what I USED to make, so these were DEFINITELY scaled back. I quickly got to work because it was totally last minute and I didn't have a lot of time. I had purchased some Bath and Body Works sanitizers earlier and were waiting to be used.

To begin, I grabbed 5 pieces of assorted card stock. I cut them in half and ran them through my Cuttlebug using the Pillow Box Die, which is one of my favorite, go-to dies for quick gift giving! I used them recently on THIS project. I really like the idea of using just one sheet of an assortment of papers so it minimizes costs and you can use what you have on hand, rather than going to the store to buy more of one color, or using your precious stash of a favorite color! LOL!

Once they were all cut, which didn't take long at all, I placed one of the heart images from With all my heart into my MISTI so that I could quickly stamp the boxes with accuracy! It was so easy just to quickly swap them out. It also made it easy to stamp them again if I didn't get a perfect impression the first time. I used Fresh Snow ink, which in the end, turned out better on some colors than others, but I didn't want to switch inks for my fast project!


After the white hearts were stamped, I grabbed the coordinating "4 ever" image to stamp in the left corner. I used Palette Noir ink for this. I also used the "with all my heart" image stamped in Pure Poppy ink on all of them, except the red cardstock.

I assembled the boxes using scor tape on the edge. The sanitizer fits in the pillow boxes perfectly!

It was really hard for me to not add any die cuts, ribbon, bows, or any embellishments of any kind. HOWEVER, by layering the stamps, it gives the illusion of dimension without all of the work! This is a PERFECT  last minute idea, OR for mass producing a lot!

Here they are, all ready to go in my basket...but guess what? She decided she didn't want to take them before I had even finished! LOL! She said that she would be the ONLY one bringing something! They will be heading to my PTA meeting with me this morning! LOL! 

No comments: