Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Mix it Up Challenge #37 {Thanksgiving Wishes}

Hello! I am popping in today to share my card using November's Mix it Up Challenge from SugarPea Designs! I just love the sketch AND the photo! Aren't those leaves lovely? We've really had the perfect Autumn here in Utah; it's chilly enough for sweaters and boots, but gorgeous enough during the day to be outside! I'm sad all of my leaves have fallen, but I decided to make my own colorful leaves to add to my card today!


I've been dying to use this Indian Summer stamp set again to make some Thanksgiving projects and this month's challenge was the perfect excuse! You'll be seeing lots more of this set coming up this month.
To begin, I stamped most of the images from the set using Palette Black ink onto white cardstock and then colored them with LOTS of Copic and Prismacolor markers. After they were colored, I used the coordinating Indian Summer Sugarcuts.I blended Scattered Straw Distress ink onto a piece of Bristol paper. After that was done, I added the green and Kraft strips of paper as per the sketch. The Native American theme really inspired me to add some beads along the top, to the Tee Pee as well as a few scattered near the water. I threaded the beads and sewed them on to the top strip. I just love the detail that they add. The sentiment is stamped in black and then I built a little scene around it.


I had a few images left over so I decided to use them for the inside of the card.  I had a lot of fun with this challenge and I hope you get a chance to play along! The more you play, the greater the chance of winning the  gift certificate up for grabs! Thanks for fluttering by!

No comments: